Insurance and liability
Protection of investments: State guarantee of space industry foreign investment.
Mandatory insurance for obtaining authorization
- Space operation party or property
- Space operations third party or third party property.
The insurance amount depends upon the contemplated activity.
- The space activity operator will be held liable up to the amount of the purchased insurance
- Unlimited state responsibility
- Remote sensing resolution inferior or equal to 2 meters
- Data collection over restricted areas
Ministry of Defense
- System's technical characteristics
- Applicant's and operator's information
Remote sensing system operators must communicate their satellite capability before December 1st
Prior to a remote sensing operation, remote sensing system operators must notify the competent authority within 1 week.
Space objects: Launch, return and control
ROSCOSMOS state company
- Spacecraft, propulsion systems and launchers development and manufacturing
- Space object transportation and launch
- Manufacturing, testing and launching sites, ground segment construction and development,
- Remote sensing data utilization
- Medical and biological experiments in outer space
The license is issued for 5 years and is renewable
License is granted within 3 days following approval
- Possessing sufficient infrastructure technical expertise and quality control required by the contemplated activity
- Providing operations calendar
- Complying with export control regulation and national security/secret defense
- Previous certification of space objects and infrastructure
- General purpose of space object
- Orbital parameters
In case of denial, the decisien has to be made within 45 days
Based on judicial decision for failure to rectify gross violation
Based on judicial decision for gross violation
10 000 Russian Roubles
Roscosmos has the right to regularly verify compliance with the license. In case of breach, the applicant may file a complaint. The decision shall be given within 15 days.